Have you ever considered yourself as a “brand?” I sure haven’t …until recently that is. It seems to be all the rage these days to “brand yourself” and I find it a bit confusing and not a little odd. Although when I think about our Personal Space I realize that it is actually natural to think we each have a unique brand or style, because we do. However we are also flexible and evolving so I image a “brand” you give yourself this year might not fit you in ten years.
The key to successful “branding” I believe lies in our core values. What do we stand for? What do we believe in? What matters most to us? By answering these questions we can find the theme behind our “brand” even as we evolve and change over time. For instance say you valued organization and all your possessions and work habits lay claim to this value. Then your “brand” would be “a naturally orderly and tidy man/woman.” Be careful not to let other’s brand you. Only you can know for sure if a label or value is true for you. Also be willing to change over time, for as our circumstances change so does our focus. Listen to your heart and you will always be rooted in your own personal truth.
Currently I am attempting to create the “brand” for my Personal Space Coach program. I know that my program is an unconventional way of looking at the Personal Space we all possess so I wanted to find a way to show this in my logo. Although it is still in the process of being finalized, I know for sure it will look something like this.
The core of my program stems from our Home Space. I believe and have experienced how our Home Space can either support our life or interfere with it. We can learn so much about ourselves by observing how we take up space in the rooms of our own home and when we make changes to improve our Home Space Energy our Body Space – health, our Life Space – dreams and our Soul Space – spirit and passion are all enhanced as a result. So I knew a home shape was needed in my logo, but how to represent the rest?
As usual when I pose a question if the answer doesn’t come right away I will let it go for awhile. Then when I least expect it an answer will come to mind. Sure enough while journaling one morning I got a clear picture of my Personal Space Coach logo. This is what came to me.
- A large outside circle – to represent our Souls Space
- A house with a chimney – to represent the Home Space we create in the world to support ourselves and the chimney represents our passion
- Inside the house shape I put a star shaped human form which represents Body Space. I have the head connected – no line separating head to shoulders to represent the open energy from heart to mind. I like the star-human shape because it represents that we are each the “star” of our own life story.
- I have the Body Space star-human with its arms spread out wide to represent our energy going out into the world which is our Life Space. This star-human is expressing its energy out wide to say… “This is MY space!”
- In the center of the star-human is a circle with a heart which represents that Soul Space is both within us and surrounds us (large outer circle) and that our link to the Divine comes through our heart. Our best energy and empowerment comes from having a Soulful Open Heart.
I’ll let you know when the final logo is complete, meanwhile what would your own brand-logo look like? Something fun to consider.
‘till next time,
Your Personal Space Coach