Do you have trouble believing that you can have your dreams, wants and desires? I admit that I have trouble with this from time to time. What I have learned is that I have to be the magnet to attract what it is I want in my life. I can’t just want and wish for it. Even taking action won’t help if I don’t actually “believe” I can have what I want. If I don’t have the belief that it can be mine, and believe I deserve it…then my actions will only result in supporting my “can’t have it” belief.
Belief is magnetic and will attract to you what you believe, so it’s important to examine what we believe in, especially if we are not getting what it is we say we want. To believe is to “know” that this desire is right, good and true for you and all you have to do is open to receiving it fully. You might think if we want something then we are already open to receiving it but this isn’t always the case. Sometimes we want things because our heart calls us to reach for it but perhaps we have had an experience, or training that gives us another belief that having this item would be bad for us. For example say we wanted to be wealthy but at the same time all our life our parents spoke harshly about the wealthy people they knew. Perhaps they called them crooks or stingy. Well, our not wanting to lose our parents esteem or not wanting to be considered a crook or stingy might override the desire to be wealthy. Unless we remove the limiting belief we can’t have the abundance desire even if we believe we deserve wealth. See how that works?
So how in the world do we know if we have a limiting belief to clear out? Well you have to play detective and ask yourself some questions such as;
- Where did the idea of what you want come from? Was it TV, your mother, your friends?? Is it a deep and true calling from your heart or is something that others told you to want? If it’s not really what you truly want you will very likely find a way to block it from happening. In this case the limiting belief is going along with the crowd instead of listening to your own heart. You might manifest the desire but it won’t make you happy even if it makes your friends and family happy. Examine what it is you really want and see if you can create a win-win situation; get what you want and what they want as well.
- Think of something you know you don’t want, then ask yourself “why not?” What are your good reasons? Do these reasons/beliefs still ring true for you? If not, just by being conscious of them you can remove them. Next what would be the opposite of this “don’t want” that you would like to have? Often our dislikes give us great information about what it is we are really wanting. Let them inform you.
- Look at your life, your home, or your work. Pick one area of success (a dream come true) and see if you can discover the belief you had to have to get this.
- Now look at a desire you don’t currently have and ask “what would I have to believe in order for this to show up in my life?” Do I have a belief that might contradict my desire and block me from having this?
- You might also look at this missing desire and see if something you currently have has to go in order to have the new thing. For instance say you want to live in New York City and currently you live in LA and you drive a SUV. You might have to let your love of driving and the SUV go in order to have the New York City flat because they don’t work together very well.
Getting what we want is actually a rather simple thing to do. The fact that we are complex beings is what slows us down. So first make sure it is what you truly want, from your heart, and then if you are not able to manifest it do a little detective work to see how you might be blocking your dream from coming true.
‘till next time,
Your Personal Space Coach