In the last two Tuesday Tips I went over some steps you can take to find a career/job you love. I won’t go over them here or mention why you might want to do this (I am sure you can imagine why on your own.) For this week I want to show you how to access your Intuitive Wisdom which lives in your Soulful heart and is accessed by using your Right Brain and get connected to work you love.
For this practice you will want to get in a room by yourself where you won’t be interrupted. Have your journal or a notebook handy to write your thoughts down and then take the List of Jobs (you have held) and the List of Skills (you have mastered) that you created last time, and while you look them over ask yourself these questions and answer them using the Free Form Writing technique. This is where you write without editing, you write fast and you write whatever comes up without any filters. It is best done by hand but you can use your computer if you wish.
Intuitive Wisdom Questions with Free Form Writing
- If I was doing this work every day ….add in your top 5 favorite skills….. what might the job be called? Write down whatever comes up, even if its completely odd sounding a made up.
- If I was going to create a job that used these skills….add in your top 5 favorite skills ….. what might I call it-who would this work be for….describe all that comes to you.
- Do I know anyone (personally or famous) who is doing these skills (your top 5) on a daily basis for money? If yes, jot down who they are.
- Now, as quickly as you can, write down any jobs that come to mind either working for someone else or as an entrepreneur for yourself that would use some or all of your favorite skills. Don’t eliminate any possibilities, don’t ask if you’d like the job and definitely don’t eliminate an idea because you don’t think you are qualified.
- Next apply the “I wonder” phrase to your statements….such as; “I wonder where I can find a job that uses these skills,” “I wonder what a job using these skills might be called,”
- Add any other statement you have in your mind, just start it with “I wonder” because this switches from your Left Brain which might not know the answer to your Right Brain which holds the larger more creative view of life.
For this next week you will want to monitor your language when you either think about or talk about wanting a new job. Instead of saying “I just don’t know what I want to do next,” you will add at the end just one word…”YET!” And you can also add “I wonder” to the start of your thought or statement but in case you forget, just pop in a “Yet” because this will help to keep you open. Let’s face it, if you already knew consciously what new work you wanted to do you would be doing it or going to get it…but you feel blocked. So it means something new and until now un-imagined is waiting for you, so it will take opening up your Right Brain to bring it into focus where you can see it, and go get it!
I send you many blessings of love and light as you journey to your next better career/job!
’till next time,
Your Personal Space Coach